Thursday 4 July 2013

Next stop, Kashmir with Sanjeev Nanda by Jaideep

Sanjeev Nanda in Kashmir
I’ve always wanted to go to Kashmir, and this year, I finally checked it off the list. Thanks to my friend Sanjeev Nanda, and his gorgeous house in the heart of Pehalgam, Kashmir more than lived up to my expectations. Unending stretches of grassy hills, often covered with patches of snow – yes, even in july – Pehalgam was a visual treat.

Ofcourse, as a tourist, I visited the Betaab Valley, which was covered in dense green vegetation. Sanjeev Nanda insisted one day, on taking me horse riding, across the mountains, and another day arranged a rather long trek, which was interesting because we encountered the most beautiful heard of goats – is it any wonder Pehalgam is called the Valley of Shepherds!

Besides the routine tourist activities, Kashmir is in general, as peaceful and serene as I had hoped – a perfect getaway if you’re coming from a busy metropolitan! If you haven’t already been there, I would suggest you cancel your tickets to Goa or London and get on a plane to this wintery wonderland – you won’t regret it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment